Bachelor of dental surgery (BDS) is a professional job oriented degree course for
the science students.
BDS is one of the most popular and designated undergraduate degree of dentist, especially for the students who desire to have a career in dentistry. Bachelor of Dental Surgery- abbreviated as BDS is the only educational and professional degree for dental surgery, which is equivalent to MBBS. In this course the students are taught about the denture, dental problem and surgery. Thus course is structured as 5 years of class room study and 1 year of internship.
Under the Dentist Act, 1948, the Dental Council of India is entitled with the responsibility for according recognition to the Dental Degrees awarded by the various Universities and also for maintaining uniform standards of dental education in the country. The Council inspects the various dental Institutions and brings the deficiencies observed to the notice of the authorities concerned for suitable remedial action. The aim and objective of the Dental curriculum is to produce a Dentist who is socially acceptable and is able to work safely and effectively on patients in diagnosis, prevention and treatment of dental and oral diseases and to maintain uniformity in standards, technical and clinical requirements
- Aspirant must be of 17 years or older on the date of admission.
- Aspirant must have passed higher secondary examination or 12th class with 50% score in total and in Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
Michel Deo, Teacher
BDS includes 5 years of class room study and 1 year of internship and after completing 6 years of undergraduate course for dentistry, a student can start his/her post graduate service as MDS ( Master of Dental Surgery).
Why Study BDS Abroad:
As we all know our country doesn’t have as many Govt. seats to gratify that replete of students applying for medical career every year. Some private universities are also there to apply for BDS, but their burdensome price tag makes it very difficult for aspirants as sometimes it may go close to a million. So it is better to choose an abroad university to study BDS, and universities in other countries don’t take donation, all you have to do is apply for a seat and if they find you eligible you will get a letter of acceptance. Pay your fees and then prepare yourself to experience the amazing journey of Dental Career.
SUBJECTS OF STUDY DURING THE COURSE (includes specializations)
- General Human Physiology and Biochemistry
- General Human Anatomy
- Dental Materials
- General Pathology and Microbiology
- General and Dental Pharmacology
- Oral Anatomy, Histology and Physiology
- General Medicine
- General Surgery
- Oral Pathology and Microbiology
- Prosthodontics & Crown & Bridge
- Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics
- Oral Surgery, Local Anaesthesia & General Anaesthesia
- Oral Medicine and Roentgenology
- Community Dentistry
Sorry no post found.
- Laptop and more tools available during the courses
- Online course content access
- SMS and Email notification
- Affordable course fee
- Dedicated Course Trainer