Master of Dental Surgery (MDS) Duration: The normal period of completing the
MDS course shall be three academic years including the period of examination.
M.D.S. or Master of Dental Surgery is a postgraduate Dentistry course. Dentistry is the branch of medicine dealing with the anatomy and development and diseases of the teeth. The duration of Master of Dental Surgery is generally three years, however there is a provision of two years M.D.S. Course for candidates who have passed Post Graduate Diploma course recognized by the DCI of the duration of two years in particular specialty. The maximum time period to complete the course may vary, as per Tamil Nadu Dr. M.G.R. Medical University the maximum time period is six years. The programs foster development of critical analysis, research skills, and advanced clinical skills that will be recognized for specialist registration. Dental Council of India (D.C.I) is the regulatory body for Dental courses and various dental institutes have to adhere to the regulations provided. The duration of the course is three years and it is career orienting in nature.
The minimum qualification for this course is Bachelor of Dental Surgery (B.D.S) or an equivalent qualification recognized by the Dental Council of India. Candidate not possessing a recognized Dental qualification for the above purpose should secure the prior approval of his qualifications by the Dental Council of India before he can be admitted to the M.D.S. course of any University in India.
Michel Deo, Teacher
Key Learning Outcomes and Skills
- The Age Limit is mostly 21 years of age. The selection of students to M.D.S. is based on the merit of the candidate and for the determination of merit. All India Common Entrance Test (AICET) is conducted by various Dental Colleges or by the agency specified by the University Grants Commission, New Delhi.
- Foreign Nationals seeking admission for the Post Graduate course in various institutes must procure temporary registration by Dental Council of India for the duration of the Post graduate training restricted to the dental college to which he/she is admitted.
- A Candidate should be physically fit to undergo the M.D.S course and should not suffer from any contagious disease.
Master of Dental Surgery- abbreviated as MDS is the advanced postgraduate degree program in dentistry. It is the branch of medicine dealing with anatomy, disease and development of the teeth. Dental Council of India known as DCI is the regulatory authority for Dental programs and under DCI, MDS degree awarded after accepting thesis and the examination. Huge numbers of students after completion of their undergraduate degree of dentistry or any equivalent course apply for MDS program and most of them can’t take admission due to lack of seats for MDS in our country. Global Focus Education Group recognizes this problem and has tied up with many renowned universities across the globe to satisfy the demand of students to study dentistry or any other medical course with relative ease.
- Aspirant must be 17 years or older on the date of admission.
- Aspirant must have passed higher secondary or equivalent course with 50%
- Aspirant must have successfully completed BDS or equivalent course.
MDS includes 3 years of course program where candidates have to acquire post graduate degree of dentistry. In some countries internship is required for dentistry. Once an aspirant completes, he/she will be eligible to become a certified dentist.
Why study MDS abroad:
As we all know our country doesn’t have as many seats to gratify the replete of students applying for dentist career every year. Some private universities are also there to apply for MDS, but their burdensome price tag makes it very difficult for students. So it is better to choose an abroad university to study MDS and university in other country don’t take donation, all you have to do is apply for a seat and if they find you eligible you will get a letter of acceptance. Pay your fees and prepare yourself to experience the amazing journey of dental career.
Sorry no post found.
- Laptop and more tools available during the courses
- Online course content access
- SMS and Email notification
- Affordable course fee
- Dedicated Course Trainer